Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, it's GOOD to be home!

Cristina drove me to the airport yesterday morning in plenty of time for my 11:30 flight. I had my swanky new purse and  shoes (which caused me to wipe out a couple of times  - so elegant!) and a couple of hours to kill. Since I hadn't eaten breakfast, I figured that this was my last best chance to have a gelato (raspberry=fruit=breakfast, right?). I also did a bit of last-minute shopping.

The plane was over an hour late taking off. Part of the delay was caused when they realized that the plane had been idling so long that it needed to be refueled. Duh.

The flight was nine hours, direct, freezing cold, and bumpy. Talk about needing an iron bladder - the seatbelt light hardly ever went off the whole way over!

It was so wonderful to see the James and Troy waiting for me at the airport, and then Eliot and Kate at home. Troy had spent so much time over the past week overhauling various parts of the house that we'd been ignoring for so long. It was really exciting to see all my kids books on SHELVES rather than in boxes!!

And today, it's back to all the other stuff that I love doing. Along with MUCH follow-up from Bologna.

Thanks, everyone, for joining me on the ride to Italy! Your responses have been fun to read. Just so you all know, I will be continuing to write about various adventures in Editoriania as they arise, sharing thoughts and questions, and telling stories. I hope that you'll continue to follow along. Feel free to ask questions or post suggestions about things to talk about.
Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back safe and sound, Christie. I thoroughly enjoyed taking this trip 'virtually' with you. It also brought back some great memories for me.

    ReplyDelete